Primal Grilling Cedar Planked Salmon With Honey Ginger Glaze
Posted by Thomas Sedita Jr on
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Marinade Time: 20 - 30 minutes
Cooking Method: Direct Medium Heat (350 – 450 F)
Grilling Time: 20-30 minutes
Additional Tools: Primal Grilling Cedar Plank Soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Honey Ginger Glaze Marinade
1 Chopped green onion(Scallion)
1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger root
1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh garlic
1/2 cup of Nama Shoyu(unpasteurized Soy Sauce)
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
1/4 cup of honey
1 teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt
1 Salmon Filet(skin on) about 2 pounds
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Lemon Peels for Garnish
1. Make sure you plank is already soaking. 1 hour is OK but 2 hours is preferred
2. Start by making the marinade first. Place all 8 marinade ingredients only in a large zip lock bag and mix well.
3. Cut the salmon fillet cross wise to make 4 servings but DO NOT cut through the skin
4. Place Salmon Filet(skin on) in marinade bag. Seal well and shake.
5. refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, turning bag several times
6. While the Salmon is marinating prepare your grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
7.With the lid closed, preheat your plank for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes flip the plank over still positioned directly over the fire.
8. Remove your salmon from the marinade bag and place the filet directly onto the plank (role the tail under if its hanging off the plank)
9. Carefully sprinkle the brown sugar over the entire surface of the filet
10. Close the lid and keep it closed for 15-20 minutes for medium rare. Remember that cooking times will varying depending on the thickness of your filet. Keep an eye out for flareups. Serve on the grilling plank for a top chef presentation, and to add a beautiful aroma to your dinner table. Garnish with lemon and enjoy!
Share this post