Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Method: Direct Medium-Heat (325– 350 F)
Grilling Time: 16-20 min
1 Primal Grilling Cedar Plank soaked in water for at least 1 hour
1 Cast iron skillet
4 Fresh garlic cloves - minced
3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary-lightly chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pink Himalayan salt
4 Bone-In lamb loin chop
1. Make sure your plank is soaking. 1 hour is OK but 2 hours is preferred.
2. Drizzle both sides of the chops with oil.
3. Salt both sides of the chops.
4. Let your chops sit on the counter while you prep your grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
5. Once the grill is pre-heated, place your plank directly on top of the heat source with the lid closed for 3 minutes to pre-heat. If your grill is too hot you risk flare-ups so keep an eye out for this.
6. Open the lid and place your chops on the plank and then put the lid back on and cook for 14-18 minutes depending on your preference of doneness. 14 min. for med-rare, 18 min for medium.
7. During this time keep the lid closed as much as possible while you peak through the vent holes for flare-ups. You should have a good smoke flow and a strong cedar aroma.
8. Approximately 7 minutes after you place the chops on the grill, lightly coat your cast iron skillet with olive oil and place it on the open section of the grill to pre-heat. If you do not have space on your grill you can pre-heat on the stove or in the oven.
9. Once you have cooked the chops for your desired time you want to quickly sear them on the cast iron skillet. Move your plank off the grill and place the cast iron over direct heat.
10. Place your chops in the skillet and sear them quickly on both sides. After about a minute add your garlic and rosemary. Add a little more olive oil with the garlic if it’s sticking to the skillet. We do not add the garlic immediately because garlic burns quickly.
11. Once seared move your steaks to a serving platter, lightly tent with aluminum foil and rest the chops for 3 minutes to let the juices settle.
Tip: You can place the chops back on the plank and place this onto an oval shape plate for a nice presentation and nice aroma at the dinner table.
Share this post